Ada is one of a kind. I have nerve had a child with this kind of imagination. she is constantly making things up and carrying imaginary pets in her hands and pockets. It's fun to watch her and funny to laugh at her. I think she'll be the first to have an imaginary friend.
A few weeks ago we headed over to Cafe Rio to see the Jazz Bear and my dad's foundation, Eye Care for Kids. They provide eye glasses to underprivileged kids. We wanted to see the bear. Well, most of us wanted to see the bear. Ada wasn't so sure. She thinks he was a 'carey' bear. So 'carey' in fact that Ada was convinced that the 'carey' bear was in her bed and she couldn't get in her bed come bedtime.
This is where things get funny. I told that 'carey' bear to get out of her bed and go sleep with the alligator that lives in the hall closet. I wasn't sure this would alleviate Ada's fear of the 'carey' bear. Sure enough, she watched the 'carey' bear walk down the hall and get into the closet where it could cuddle with the pet alligator. (Yet another things she has invented.)
She had a very restful night.
1 comment:
Ha ha! Great idea to leave him in your closet. :)
Post a Comment