4.13.2011

Happy Birthday Caleb

Yesterday Caleb turned 4. Wow, time sure flies when you're having fun.
We had a pretty mellow day. It started off by me having my very first throwing up experience whilst being pregnant. So the rest of the day I took off.
I had my great friend, Alicia, pick up the balloons and frosting for me, so I wouldn't have to go to the store.
Caleb and I sat around while I did some laundry and sang Happy Birthday to him about a hundred times. I think he was sick of it by the afternoon.
We made a remote control cake. We did venture our to Sweet Lizzie's candy shop to purchase some candies that resembled buttons. I used a food coloring marker to write the numbers. It was such a great cake idea, especially for Caleb.
As you can tell he couldn't keep his hands off it.
He got some power tools and a puppy pillow pet. It's still up in the air as to which is his favorite. I think it depends on the time of day.
We had a great time as a family celebrating his birthday.

Caleb we love you! We are so happy that you came to live with our family. We love that you are such a little boy but you seem to have your own unique way of seeing the world. It makes me wonder what great things you will accomplish in your life because of your special point of view.
We love your hugs, your laugh, and your way of making up songs that don't have any words. The volume could come down a bit, though.

3 comments:

Linnea said...

I LOVE your cake! My oldest two have been beggin for cell phones...maybe I'll bake them one!

Erin said...

happy belated caleb! i cannot believe you boys are 4 this year! love you!

Happy Herrons said...

Yah Caleb!!

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...