2.25.2011
Happy Birthday Princess
Yesterday Sariah turned 8. Holy cow! I can't believe I have an 8 year old.
We had a fun day. She went to school, then Activity Days. After she came home we waited around for Papa and when we realized that we was going to be later than usual we headed for the grocery store to get the requested birthday dinner of corn dogs and tater tots. Yum! I don't know why I didn't get that while I was at the store earlier in the day getting a last few items for the cake. Or why Seth didn't get it the night before when he was at the store also getting things for the cake. I guess I was so excited about the cake that I forgot about all the other things that had to be taken care of. Oh well! We also had to get some balloons. We got home late and ate late and then had cake and ice cream even later, but we had a blast.
She got many Zhu Zhu pets etc. All the kids were having a grand time watching those fake rodents run through their tunnels. It was a great quiet little party.
So about the cake. Last weekend Sariah had a mild case of the flu, says Dr. Mama, and while she was lounging around watching me on the computer, we came across a list of birthday cake ideas. She found a unicorn and had to have it. This is our version. I thought it turned out pretty well. Probably my best attempt ever. I guess that's what happens when you follow a pattern. I think I'll try that more often.
We are saving the real party until she gets baptized on March 5th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paris: Day One
We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...
-
Will you please leave a comment so I can link back to your blog and make it look like I have some friends again?
-
Yesterday Sariah turned 8. Holy cow! I can't believe I have an 8 year old. We had a fun day. She went to school, then Activity Days. Aft...
-
I have been going to therapy for a little while. Usually in the afternoons a couple times a month. My sessions last anywhere between twenty ...
8 comments:
Awesome cake!!
Hey the cake turned out well. I like the blue frosting but maybe RED would have been better. It looks like you figured out how to clean up the frosting mess. Good job.
Great cake, and cake that has to be shaped impresses me! Happy Birthday Sariah!
Super cute cake!
Cute cake. I'm impressed!
Holy cow her legs are long! I think she's taller than me. (Sariah, not the unicorn...) :-) HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARIAH!~
you did great on the cake.
I love the cake!!
Post a Comment