7.28.2010

Being Crafty

I have been spending a lot of time with my sewing machine. I finally finished a quilt I was making for Arch. I was going to give it to him for his birthday about three years ago. So he'll get it tomorrow, when he turns six. What a labor of love.Sariah and I sat down to do a project together. (Thanks Aunt D for the way cute fabric. We love it!) It was a lot of fun to sit with Sariah and teach her something that she was so excited about. We are going to be doing little projects together so she can gain some skills and then be able to do her own things. By the way this is a pillow with pockets. I really think it's going to catch on.
I finally hemmed the curtains in mine and the boys rooms. Only the girls left. I'll post that in a few more years when I get around to it.
I started theses a few years ago at Super Saturday. I finally finished them. And that was all the way back in June. So they were done on time for the 4th.And then there is this. I got some new pillows for my living room. They will tie in all the colors that will eventually be in the living room and kitchen.
Despite what you may think this is me planning ahead, not being a procrastinator.

2 comments:

Happy Herrons said...

Man, you are CRAFTY!!!! Arch will love his present, the lines are SO straight!!

lizwagz said...

man you are a crafty woman!.. who woulda thunk it?

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...