8.04.2010

Arch Turned Six

Here's a look back... Newborn

Like Father Like Son (2 years)

Camping with Papa (3 years)

Photo Shoot (4 years)

Toothless (5 years)



Happy Birthday Bud!!!
We went to the store to get Arch some Birthday balloons. He chose a Pokemon balloon (?) I asked the balloon clerk to make a bouquet with seven balloons. Arch practically shouts, "No!" The clerk looked at me and said, "That's a first. I've never heard a kid say they only wanted one balloon for their birthday."Arch is a little unique!We had a rip-roarin' party.
Here are a few cousins 'sleeping' through it.Sadly Grammy really did sleep. She's really getting OLD!!He still loves Monster Trucks.He had the world's best Transformers cake assembled by yours truly. I'll admit I'm not as talented as some in this area. But it's the thought that counts right?Ada enjoying her cake and homemade strawberry ice cream.Arch rippin' open Megatron.
I don't know why I continue to buy the toys I buy. It took me about an hour to get that thing transformed. Arch kept asking why I kept playing with his birthday present. Luckily after about a week he has it down, now I don't have to play with it anymore.

What a sweet boy. He's quite sharp, becoming a good little reader and doing math in his head. He LOVES to pretend to be animals/monsters/dinosaurs. Anything that growls and can scare the little neighbor girls and drive Mama out of her mind. He's quite funny; coming up with little one liners that just kill you. He loves hugs, although he's not very gentle. He is quite active (just not this summer) and is getting a little more coordinated. We enjoy playing catch and wrestling together. He's a pretty intense kind of person. I hope that we can direct that intensity in good and meaningful directions.

We love you Archibald!!

4 comments:

Kellie, said...

Happy birthday Arch! He looked so sweet as a newborn, what happened?

Denise said...

I LOVED the Transformers cake!! Even doing a simple cake is way harder than buying one at the bakery!! Anytime you want to make me strawberry ice cream I will be right over. Just let me know.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Arch! Wow I cannot believe he is six already - but there we are. So glad you are part of our family Bud!

Happy Herrons said...

Arch, we are glad you are in the 'hood!!

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...