8.26.2009

It's all about perspective

I really wish I had a picture for this post!
Today I went to the Kindergarten Tea where you get to meet the teacher and find out about all the *exciting* things that go on in the classroom. There were many parents. Most looked quite a bit like me, the stay-at-home-mom type. There were a few fathers and a few interesting people.

For instance, there were several woman dressed in tank tops with multiple tattoos. But there was one man who had a bald head, a foot long goatee, various piercings including one in each cheek and so many tattoos I could hardly tell he was a white guy. You should have seen his wife. She had several tattoos on her breasts. Don't ask me how I know. I was waiting for a fun question from Arch, but it never came. Snap!

After we were done in the classroom we went to collect the kids from the playground. This man and his daughter (who gratefully looked quite normal) held the door for me and Arch. (Very thoughtful!) As I walked past, the daughter said, "Daddy, why does that lady look so weird."

6 comments:

Timani said...

ROTFL!

Wow. Teachers are always going to label them 'bad parents' before getting to know them.

I used to help at NL a TON and I can't begin to tell you the hilarious things I overheard. Kids are so funny!

Cami said...

Oh my heck! I'm laughing my GUTS out! That was great!!!!! Isn't it funny how we become so accustomed to our own environment that it's all we can relate to???? That's the best thing I've heard in a long while....except for when Chris hollered in the door today, "MOM! Am I chopping down the right tree?!!!!" Holy Moses! He chopped the neighbors tree down with a machete.....I'm hoping it's the Chinese Elm they were talking about poisoning....I don't think I'll bring it up for a bit, just hang out and see what happens. Hope the intrigue with the machete wears off soon! Thanks for making me smile today! :) Love ya all!

lizwagz said...

HA!! I love it! BTW I don't think you look weird..

Erin said...

ha ha ha! ya bugs, y do you look so weird:)?! jk...love you!

Linnea said...

You're too funny!

Happy Herrons said...

Um, I am glad I am apparently the 'normal' neighbor around here! (just kidding - I am glad we all are weird around here.

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...