Caleb is one of the busiest boys I have ever known. Arch is busy in a different way, he's always running around making noise and just being Arch. But Caleb is a little different. He loves to unload my kitchen cupboards and plug the appliances in all over the house. Just this morning I had to wind up the cords to a put away the waffle iron, the blender, the hand mixer and the electric knife (luckily without the blade.) He also loves my curling iron and hair dryer.
I finally realized that they have a nifty little invention for this problem. It's called an outlet cover. You know those things you go out and buy the moment you find out your pregnant for the first time and then never plug back into your outlets because they are just too annoying. Well, I had a whole case of them from when I was pregnant with Sariah and I finally, after the millionth time of tripping over my flat iron (that I never use) inserted them into every open outlet in my house.
The next time Caleb ventured into the bathroom to pull the hair dryer out from under the sink I paid close attention. I saw him go into the hall which is his outlet of choice. Something was wrong, you could see it on his face. He was not deterred. He knows the electrical plans of the house well enough to know that there are outlets all over the place. So into the green room he goes. I hear a grunt and see him head off to the blue room. Again, a grunt a little louder this time, and out into the family room. There are three visible outlets in the family room and I heard a grunt for each one, all a little more distraught then the previous one. He was a little confused. He kept wandering from room to room as if it would be different the next time he looked. Until he had a good idea. Which really didn't take as long as I was hoping for him to figure out.
He just went to where the lamp was plugged in and unplugged it.
As pay back for taking away all the unused outlets he now unplugs Seth's alarm clock EVERY day. I'm glad he's being punished and not me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paris: Day One
We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...
-
Will you please leave a comment so I can link back to your blog and make it look like I have some friends again?
-
Yesterday Sariah turned 8. Holy cow! I can't believe I have an 8 year old. We had a fun day. She went to school, then Activity Days. Aft...
-
I have been going to therapy for a little while. Usually in the afternoons a couple times a month. My sessions last anywhere between twenty ...
8 comments:
That is sooooo funny.
It's 3:00 a.m. and I am in the kitchen laughing my guts out and hoping I don't wake anyone up! Oh my gosh, he's great! My kind of kid! Actually, I saw the title of your blog and had to read it to make sure it wasn't about me! Hehehe. I'm glad people can't punch, hit, kick or slap on facebook. I think I would have to un-join! Lol! Keep "plugging" along Bugs! :)
Good to know we can use those far into the future!
Ha ha ha!! Your kids are just way too awesome!!
Wow what a clever guy! Way to go Caleb!
That is so funny! :) You have to wonder what kind of job he is going to have when he grows up!
This is exactly why you put the outlet covers on when they are still babies and then they just don't know the difference!! At least he hasn't started putting dimes in the outlets (I know someone who has had that one)!!
Hilarious!
Post a Comment