6.29.2008

Gina Bachauer Piano Competition

For those of you who don't know about this piano competition it is held in Salt Lake every years and they have young very talented pianist from all over the world come compete. On Mother's Day my mom mentioned that she would like to be a host for this piano competition. She heard once a long time ago on the radio that they needed hosts (people to take care of the participants and their chaperon) and she thought to herself that someday she would like to do this after she got a great piano. So now that she has the piano she mentioned it to me. So, being the wonderful daughter that I am, I came home and looked a few things up on-line and called a lady to see what kind of waiting list there was to be a host. She said that I was an answer to her prayers because she had a few people back out on her and the competition was in about a month and she needed some people to host a girl from China. So I gave her my mom's number and everything worked out.
So last Sunday my mom picked up Si Jing Ye and her mother from the airport and they have had a wonderful time this week. My mom has been in charge of getting her to and from the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, arranging a place to practice, feeding her and entertaining her (which consists of watching her practice.) Anyway, I have spoken with my mom several times this week and she is having the time of her life. I guess Si Jing and her mother are the sweetest people in the world and it had just been really fun to have this experience.
And to top it all off Si Jing won the whole competition. She played the first round on Wednesday and the second round on Friday. Then the judges select six finalists to compete in the finals. And Si Jing won first prize. So my mom is on cloud nine, not only did she finally get to do this thing she has always wanted to do, it has been an unbelievable experience. And one that will never be duplicated (I don't think.)


But the reason for my post is to brag about me being a great daughter--
Yea me!

4 comments:

Phoebe said...

You are a great daughter! After reading your post, I saw the article on KSl.com. I probably would have skipped over it, otherwise. How fun.

Perspicacious Periwinkle said...

Yay you!!! You crack me up...

Stacee Maree said...

HAPpy day!!! how cool is that? I would say you were a nice daughter but that would just give you a big head so youre not.

Natalie said...

Good job Bugs!

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...