

A funny story from there...
So instead of setting up camp we checked in, took a shower and headed to Arches National Park (without benches{inside joke}). That was a first for me at Arches but a little disappointing because it was getting dark and we didn't really get to see anything. But at least I can say I have been there.
The funnest day was the 4th. We rented a Jeep and went four wheeling with my brother, who is a pro. Oh yeah, and the rest of my family. As we were loading up we went outside and Sariah said, "It's not hot outside, just really, really warm."
My brother took us on some crazy things. But it's nice to know that he knows what he is doing and he knows what Jeeps are capable of. This was our first real obstacle so we had to take some pictures. Seth is driving.
This video is my mom driving her brand new Jeep.
It was such a blast. We did a trail to Gemini Bridges. This is where we ate lunch down in the shade.
And this is where we ended up. 

On top of the bridges! Okay, we didn't but my brother did. He is awesome.
Here are some videos of us doing our thing. (Me going down some rocks.) It was so steep that I had to duck my head to see out the windshield at my brother who was standing in front of the Jeep.
And here is Seth going up those same rocks.
We went swimming to cool the kids off after a hot, hot day. And while the women folk were taking care of that the men did some other trails that were better if kids weren't in the cars. They did a trail called Hell's Revenge and also Baby Lion's Back. You can Google some pictures of Hell's Revenge and see just how crazy my husband is.
That night we watched the fireworks from on top of Baby Lion's Back. It was awesome. We were right there and when the loud explosions echoed off the rocks you could feel it in your chest. I love fireworks and it was the most awesome show I had ever seen. The only disappointment was the wind was blowing the wrong way and I couldn't smell the fireworks. I love that part.
Another fun story. As we were hiking back down the rock, in the dark, only my sister in law had a flashlight so we were with her. She was shining it on the ground so we could see where we were walking. She says, "Bugs, you just stepped on a scorpion!" And sure enough there it was. I was wearing flip-flops and I didn't get stung but I didn't kill it either. It was a couple inches long, Hugh! And oh so mad. I was so lucky! But for the rest on the night I couldn't put my feet on the ground. Just typing this story is giving me the heebee-jeebees! {shiver}
So we had a great time. Thanks to all our family who came and participated with us. (And split the cost.) Thanks Courtland and Jennifer for putting so much work into planning and getting all the food for us. We had such a great time. We'll have to do it again.
4 comments:
I am a little jealous. Moab is my favorite place to go. Arches is the best. I am sorry you were disappointed. I love Gemini bridges. I have never done it in a jeep, but this is one of the trails I did on my bike. I have been on both lions back and hell's revenge and they are very intimidating.
I am so glad you got some good pictures of everyone coming down those rocks, because your mother, the evil genius, deleted every single picture on my camera the very next morning while she was trying to figure out how to change it to black & white. I am now in the enviable position of being able to give her a hard time. Trying not to let it go to my head!!
I am more than a little Jealous. I LOVE Moab and Arches rocks. I am too chicken though to even take a bike on the trails. I would however take a jeep I feel a little more stable in a vehicle.
Sounds like fun! Jake would be jealous. He wants to camp so badly this summer, but I am just not up to it. I keep telling him, next year!
Post a Comment