3.27.2008

Young Love


Yesterday during 'nap time' Sariah was coloring and writing notes for me. They were filled with hearts and bunnies and fun things. She kept delivering them under my door and what not. I was thinking I was pretty special. Then she comes to me with this one.
(It says 'Dear Dalin')
(I'm not sure what's on the right but those are clearly hearts)
She was so funny to watch when I asked her if it was for Dallin. She was giggling and blushing. It was so cute. (For any of you who don't know Dallin is he's a cute boy who just moved from our ward who apparently had a crush on Sariah also. I think it's good that we got them separated while they were still young!)
I don't remember ever acting like that when I was young, so it's kind of cute to see a girl behave the way a girl typically does. I was too busy hiding rolled up socks in the shoulders of my shirts so that it looked like I was wearing shoulder pads.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Ha! It's hilarious how girlie she is... watch out once she turns 16!

Stacee Maree said...

That is so cute, lucky you to have to deal with that already. Cait's first crush was Christopher and then Tanner. She likes the older boys I guess

Natalie said...

I think most girls do act this way at a young age. It is a very natural thing. As long as you can teach her early how to defend herself and be wise, I think you'll be fine.

Anna said...

that's hilarious! i hear her name AT LEAST daily, ha! it would be funny to photograph them together and capture their love-smitten expressions =)

Anna said...

quoting Dallin after i showed him the picture:
[in an over-exasperated tone to cover up his thrilled to the core feelings]: "...just because she likes me so, so much...she thinks i'm cool dude, so she made that for me...She's in love with me so, so much" (shaking his head).

Bugs said...

Anna,
I've been waiting so patiently for you to respond I thought you would have some good thoughts. They were great! Thanks!!

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...