I think some of you may have noticed that I added a new contact, Richard. I don't know if you check out blogs of people you don't know. I'm not condoning it, it's really here just for my convenience. See, there is a soft spot in my heart for Richard. I only knew him for a few months while I lived in Pueblo. (And I think that I have only seen him once since then.) So then why do I have such affection for a guy that I don't know and don't really keep in contact with. Well, if it weren't for him, there is a great chance that I wouldn't be married to the man I am married to today. I would probably be married to a high school math teacher.
So let me set up the situation. Richard and Seth were roommates while they lived in Pueblo. They were quite a pair. I kind of liked Seth the moment he moved into town but I never really knew what he thought about me, or if he thought about me at all. But then one weekend Seth and Richard came to one of my basketball games. It happened to be parents weekend, so my mom was in town also. Seth and Richard were sitting by my mom and another lady that was in our ward because they were really the only people they kind of knew in the whole place. And in the midst of the game (which I was playing well in) Richard turned to my mom and said, "Do you know why Bugs is doing so well? It's because Seth is here!" (And according to two eye-witnesses Seth blushed, but he adamantly denies it.) I don't think there was really anything else to the conversation, until after the game. My mom asked me what was going on between me and Seth and I had to admit that I had no idea. But it made a girl curious. You never can be sure what guys say to their roommates (or if they talk in their sleep, {which he does by the way.}) So I wanted to check into this sort of funny little comment, and in the midst of finding out what was going on we fell in love. Who'd've thunk it? That was pretty much the end of our single lives. We went on one date and were together almost every day since then. So later, after Seth and I were engaged, I asked Richard what was behind the comment and he admitted that he was just trying to tease Seth. But instead of just getting embarrassed Seth ended up with a wife.
So that is why I love Richard, this strange man that I hardly even know. But it's partly because of him that I am where I am today. Thanks!!!!!
3.28.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paris: Day One
We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...
-
Will you please leave a comment so I can link back to your blog and make it look like I have some friends again?
-
Yesterday Sariah turned 8. Holy cow! I can't believe I have an 8 year old. We had a fun day. She went to school, then Activity Days. Aft...
-
I have been going to therapy for a little while. Usually in the afternoons a couple times a month. My sessions last anywhere between twenty ...
2 comments:
Awww! Romantic! I like the part about Seth blushing. It is always good to think of such a big guy having a soft spot in his heart!
WOW! I am soooo flattered! I remember you hit 4 or 5 3-point shots in a row during that game and totally demolished the other team. I also caught a free tee-shirt at that game. It was a great game!
Post a Comment