I was driving back from my mom's today thinking about how awesome she is. She took all six kids on New Year's Eve so Seth and I could go see a movie (Hunger Games: Catching Fire) and go to bed early (like people in their mid-thirties with six kids do.) I was thinking about what a great Grammy she is, and also a great Mom. I love her so much. I am so blessed to have such a great relationship with her. I really wanted to write this down so when I am a grandma I can remember to step in and help my children when they have young children of their own. I know when you have little kids (it doesn't matter how many) life is hard. It's very demanding and I think it's important for parents to have a break every once in a while. Who better than family to help provide that? Not only do we get a break as parents but our kids get to know Grammy and Grumpy, as well as Gran (my grandma, who my parent are living with as they await their home to be built). I hope that my kids can have some fond memories of the time they spent at their grandparents home and time with cousins. So as per this blog, I have no new resolutions as far as posting. Sure I would love to keep up, but my intent here is to record a service provided to my family, and a desire to give back when the opportunity presents itself.
As for 2013...meh.
I've had better.
I did get a baby out of the deal, but not without a few complications. My first surgery, and infection, a few blood clots, six months of blood thinners (medication that did not allow me to nurse my last baby), mutated DNA thing (and not the kind that gives me super powers, like in X-men) an increase in my weight as well as my antidepressant dosage.
Despite all the not-so-perfect moments that come with life, I have an incredible amount to be grateful for. Soft baby cheeks, "I wuv you"s, super tight hugs around the neck, laughter/giggles, smiles with missing teeth, helping with homework, seeing growth (and not just in stature), and above all--unconditional love.
My cup runneth over. (And wouldn't you know, I've got to clean up that mess too!)
Here's to a healthy happy 2014.
1.02.2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paris: Day One
We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...
-
Will you please leave a comment so I can link back to your blog and make it look like I have some friends again?
-
Yesterday Sariah turned 8. Holy cow! I can't believe I have an 8 year old. We had a fun day. She went to school, then Activity Days. Aft...
-
I have been going to therapy for a little while. Usually in the afternoons a couple times a month. My sessions last anywhere between twenty ...
1 comment:
hugs! heres to happy 2014!
Post a Comment