6.23.2011

Long time no post.

I am going to try and blog from the couch today. I went to my vein doctor this morning and I was hoping she would have some really wonderful news for me. But she didn't. I have these awesome varicose veins in my right leg due to pregnancy. They are getting really colorful and painful already and I still have the longest (and hottest) three months left. My OB told me to see if they would do a procedure during pregnancy because he thought they were bad enough to warrant such action. But the vein doctor just didn't think it was a good idea. Mainly because of the medicine they use in the procedure. It could affect the placenta and she didn't feel comfortable doing it. So I get to live with my purple achy leg until October.
I did get a new sock. Not quite as sexy as the thigh highs, but it'll do. At least I can wear my flip flops with it.
The doctor told me to elevate, elevate, elevate. I told her that I was going to tell Seth that I have to spend the rest of the summer on the couch. She said I could tell him whatever I needed. But in a tone that said "Don't ask me to sign anything!"
So now that I have no hope of any relief until the baby comes I will be spending much time on the couch. Hence the blogging with my iPod from the couch.
So what do pregnant women on bed rest do? Not that I'm on bed rest but some ideas might make my time on the couch more productive/fun/bearable.

4 comments:

S'Cady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linnea said...

I don't know--and I'm so sorry. Do you like to cross stitch? I have a kit and you could have it--it's a Christmas stocking.

Happy Herrons said...

Send your kids to the neighbors and take a nap!!! Exactly how much "best rest" is this best rest? Details needed.

Natalie said...

Well it really sucks that you are laid up like this but if it keeps your leg healthier . . .
I would recommend downloading the Kindle app on your iPod and go crazy reading on the tiny screen. There are a ton of free books, mostly classics.

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...