Our party (or should I say par-tahy!) was crazy, the guests went home before we even had the cake and ice cream. Something about having to drive in the dark and the roads getting icy. That's when you know you're getting old. We had fun opening presents anyway.
Ada got some Mickey Mouse socks (honestly, can anyone write that without singing the song?) They also had Minnie she noticed after a while. Since our recent visit to Disneyland she has been very enthusiastic about Mr. and Mrs. Mouse. $0.99 Great buy!
She also got a Sing-a-ma-jig. For the first few nano-seconds it's pretty cute, after that it's WAY annoying. (I think it may need to go visit some relatives on a farm up in Vermont soon.) Ada saw this at the store the other day. I love how excited she gets about annoying toys! It's a good thing she noticed it and I got one for her because it provided vital birthday cake decorating inspiration when things fell apart, literally.

I was planning on making a bundt cake with pink frosting, however, as I tried to turn the cake out it fell apart. I thought 'What do I do with a flat, half falling apart round cake with a whole in the middle?' You make it into a Sing-a-ma-jig, of course. Here's what I came up with after midnight and not the right color food coloring.
The big ticket item for the evening was the double stroller. Little did I know it would provide double the fighting. Now Arch and Caleb can take different baby dolls out of her stroller at the same time. The math here gets a little complicated.
Ada+double stroller+two babies=bliss.
Ada+double stroller-two babies=two pleased brothers, one sad birthday girl and two angry parents.
Ada+double stroller-two babies=two pleased brothers, one sad birthday girl and two angry parents.
These things always seem to work out in my head.
So Ada....where to start. She has been with our family for two very long-yet-quick, energetic and tiring years. She is a handful and she knows it. She is adorable and she knows it. I can't get over how stinkin' cute and sweet she is and how at the same time incredibly crazy, tantrum prone, and feisty she is. How does all that come in such a small package? I don't know but I'm glad that package was delivered to me! I am one lucky Mama.

She has a smile that's as big as the day is long (I guess bigger in the summer and not as big in the winter). She loves to use her beautifull lips to give kisses that just melt your heart and wet your cheeks. She can give the best hugs and snuggles, when she wants to. She loves to jump and is great at somersaults, jumping on the trampoline, running, dancing, jumping off and onto the couch. Oh, and did I mention she loves to jump. She knows the world revolves around her. She will never find out that it doesn't because she honestly knows that it does, and that will never change. How do I know? I am the same way, just ask my mother. We are living in separate yet connected universes. I expect some crazy cosmic events in the future.
We are sure glad our little sister came to live with us. We don't know what we would do without you 'Little Miss,' except have more room in our bed, fewer headaches and fewer smiles.
Here's a look back.









2 comments:
What a sweet post! I love the cake--brilliant and hilarious at the same time. Also...I'm a gym slacker. I'm drowning in stuff that has to be done at home and for the family...
Our girls really are close in age. Ada sounds a lot like Maija.
Love the cake! I would have never guessed it didn't come out of the pan like it was supposed to.
Post a Comment