12.03.2010

The logic of children

Over the Thanksgiving holiday we spent time with Seth's family. Since we are getting a little bit big for just one home we will usually book a church and hang out there to allow the adults to play while the kids play, far away. (Usually in the gym with all the doors closed.)
Well, we adults happened to be in the gym this time playing P-I-G. Sariah comes in and says that Ada needed my help in the bathroom because she was naked and her clothes had fallen in the toilet.
So off to the bathroom I go to find my baby precariously perched on the toilet with the tail of her onesie hanging in the water. I just wanted to hurry and get back to the game so I grabbed her and tried to put a diaper on her quickly. She was complaining because I didn't give her a chance to go potty. I have learned from experience that I should just give her what she wants because if I don't she'll find a way to get it, usually without my knowledge. I didn't want to have to stop the game again so I just put her back on the potty for a minute. As soon as I put her on there Caleb came in holding his crotch doing the potty dance. As I was about to pull Ada off the toilet to allow Caleb to go when she actually went pee in the toilet. I was kind of surprised. This was not the first time, but I was still surprised.
Not as much as Caleb was. He looked at her with a tilted head to get a better view and said, "Whoa!!! She just peed out her bum!" After standing straight up with a contemplative look on his face he said, "She must have a penis in there!"

I LOVE IT!

3 comments:

Linnea said...

lol--soooo funny!

Chaney said...

That's hilarious! Kids say the darndest things.

Happy Herrons said...

Do you train your kids to be so funny?

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...