Last night Seth and I celebrated our nine year anniversary. He called me from work around 1:30 in the afternoon and asked me if I wanted to go to the Jack Johnson concert. So I called our awesome baby sitter and off we went. We had a good time. We got there early (meaning on time) and had to sit (in the crazy late afternoon sun) through the opening acts that we hadn't heard of (neither one of us are concert goers and we aren't familiar with the way things go) .

Finally a few hours later Jack came out. It was great! After the sun went down the weather was awesome. The music was fantastic. The constant smell of booze took me back to my college days when I was young and free. I almost felt like a teenager again.

It was great to spend so much child free time with the man I love. Our anniversary isn't for another week or so (the first day of school) but this was the most spontaneous we have been, well, probably ever. I know, we're boring!
The second Jack Attack came after we got home. The kids were asleep so we squeezed in a few "Bauer Hours." We are now on season 7. When we start something we don't stop until we are finished. Talk about dedication.

We are so crazy about Jack I think that will be the name of our next son.
What do you think?
5 comments:
Name stealer!! Ha ha ha! :) I wouldn't blame you. I personally think it's the best name ever!!
Sounds like a perfect date night. I'm jealous. Haven't been on one of those in AGES!!
I think your nuts! I know that's a quote from a kid movie but I can't think of which one right now. Jack would be a cool name! Oh I just remembered it's the little germaphobe fish on Nemo when they are trying to plan an escape from the fish tank! I'm such a kid movie dork!
Hey! Congratulations on making it thru 9 crazy years of school, kids, more school, moving, this, that, & the other. It's so much fun! Can't wait to see what's next!
Jack Attack is the extra on the Incredibles DVD. My sister named her youngest Jack and his is a riot. You guys have to slow down on the Bauer Hours. Season 8 doesn't come out for four more months. You will be in withdrawl. Just call me. I'll help you through it with a little creme brulee.
Wow - are you announcing something? What if you have 17 more girls!? Jackette?
Post a Comment