Wednesday Arch had his surgery. He is doing well, but we do have to go in on Monday and get one of his legs recast. It seems to be bothering him a little too much. He is such a stud. He is so positive and adapting well to his new legs. If adults could be as resilient as kids the world would be a much different place.
This had been an eye opening experience for me. As I was in the hospital waiting I was thinking about all the pain and suffering that goes on there. Many people have many struggles and spend many hours there waiting with uncertainty. After we made the decision to go ahead with the surgery for Arch I knew everything would be okay. I still experienced fear and anxiety but I knew in the end it will all be fine. I can't imagine entering that type of situation not knowing how it will turn out. I found myself offering up many prayers for all the families out there who have loved ones in pain and that are suffering trials that seems insurmountable. It really made me grateful for the blessing of health and love the we have in our family. And it makes me ask "Why me?" Why are we so blessed? Why do others have to suffer so much at no fault of their own? It makes me grateful for the atonement that can heal ALL pains; not just of transgression but all pains and injustice. Things that are no fault of our own. And my testimony of my Savior in strengthened and my love increased.
3 comments:
I got your blog off of Facebook...so this isn't blog stocking, right?
We've been going through a lot lately, along with our 3 year-old having degeneration of the ball of his hip. There are a lot of people suffering pain, however I've been thinking a lot about Lehi's vision lately (which I might add has really helped me get through what we've been going through). We all have to pass through the mist of darkness, we all have trials that we'd rather not go through but we are better people for having gone through them and one step closer to our Heavenly Father.
Hope Arch heals quickly!
thank you for this post bugs. being in the hospital really opens up your eyes to what others are challenged with. i too have thought about all the families & their little ones that are in there with all their struggles, surgeries & uncertainty. you are very blessed bugs. we are too for having little morgan mae in our lives....through countless surgeries or not. i so wish she didn't have to though. i know everyone that knows & loves her feels the same. i am also soo extremely grateful for what a trooper she is during & after surgery. so glad that arch is doing so well. hope he feels better after the re-casting on monday. love you guys.
Wow. Those blue casts look VERY familiar. Good luck with it all. Are we not the most blessed people on earth to have the doctors and facilities available to us that we do????? I know that I am repeatedly grateful....every single time we visit Primary Children's or Schrieners. Give Arch a big hug from me! Love you all! :-)
Post a Comment