Seth is all finished with grad school. Now that he has absolutely nothing to fill his time when he gets homes from work he needs a hobby. Any ideas? I can only watch so many episodes of 24, or "Bauer Hours" as we like to call them.
Really though, we will be heading to Bear Lake for the 4th and then off to youth conference in Moab, the day after we return from boating with my family. Then a few days after that Arch is scheduled for surgery on his Achilles tendons. His heel cords are too short and physical therapy has not helped. So lengthening them is our only option. The surgery is an outpatient procedure but he will then spend about five weeks in walking casts. We will be spending a lot of time indoors enjoying our new central air!! Nothing like a little mold to motivate you into getting rid of the wonderful swamp cooler.
I hope to be able to digitally document our fun in July, maybe we will have a replacement camera by then. We have a loaner from a friend, thanks Kellie!
What are you doing for summer vacation?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paris: Day One
We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...
-
Will you please leave a comment so I can link back to your blog and make it look like I have some friends again?
-
Yesterday Sariah turned 8. Holy cow! I can't believe I have an 8 year old. We had a fun day. She went to school, then Activity Days. Aft...
-
I have been going to therapy for a little while. Usually in the afternoons a couple times a month. My sessions last anywhere between twenty ...
7 comments:
I hope the surgery does everything it's supposed to. :-)
Husbands need hobbies. Especially after being done with bishop and grad school so close together. We're trying SCUBA. And Lance wants to get his pilot's license. (pipe dream) If Seth likes to sing I have a choir every Saturday night starting in mid August. Have a great weekend.
I am going to school for summer vacation! :-) Actually, it has been quite the experience and I'm enjoying it immensely. Let me know how Arch's surgery goes. Is Dr. Carroll performing it? Miss you guys! Have a great summer!
I am going to school for summer vacation! :-) Actually, it has been quite the experience and I'm enjoying it immensely. Let me know how Arch's surgery goes. Is Dr. Carroll performing it? Miss you guys! Have a great summer!
Good luck with your busy July! We are going to Boston for a week, which should be fun... but nothing like you busy kids! As for hobbies, Jon needs one too. Maybe we could throw them into a hobby together, maybe Fly Fishing? Or canoeing? No idea if Jon's into that... could be fun! We'll just drop them off at a lake and not let them come home until they like it. Whaddya think?
I thought for sure he would be all about getting a boat and taking up waterskiing after last week. No?
YAY! YAY!! YAY!!! He's finished with school. A hobby? BABYSITTING and HOUSEWORK! (and then you find some new ones to fill up all the extra time you have.) :) Sounds good, eh? Since Dan has been home he's been on kid/house duty. :)
Post a Comment