I'm afraid I have to be the bearer of bad news. We lost out camera over the weekend and with it my will to blog. I usually like to be funny and have lots of pictures, you know, for my less-literate friends. But now I'm sad and have no pictures. So you'll just have to use your imagination. So when I say, "Can you imagine...?" you better say yes, or you'll just miss out on all the fun.
I was so stoked! On Memorial Day we went to a family picnic up Rock Canyon and Seth's uncle brought a bunch of climbing equipment to go repelling. Seth asked if I was going to join the fun and I said sure. I am terrified of heights. I have been climbing on rock walls a few times but never repelled off a cliff. So off we went and it was awesome. Uncle Raymund was showing us what to do and when he got to the edge my heart was pounding. I was a little nervous, but I had already made up my mind. So when it was my turn I was comfortable and confident. I got to the edge and just went.
**Insert picture**
This is where it may be helpful for me to have no real proof but just imagine an amazing me hanging off a cliff like the one at the beginning of one of the Mission Impossible movies.
I was planning on using it as my new profile picture. Maybe it's a good thing I can't because as I was getting ready my SIL told me I looked like a construction worker, you know, the one from the Village People.
All in all it was a great day. As we were getting ready to go I asked Seth if he got the camera, he said he was pretty sure it was in the diaper bag. I said it was kind of important to me because I really wanted those pictures. He was pretty sure. A little while later on I-15 Arch calls from the back seat, "Something just fell off the van!"
Seth said, "Maybe I put the camera on top of the van and not in the diaper bag. Yeah, I think that's what happened. Sorry."
I guess we're even. I did the same thing a few years ago at Disneyland.
Good news, we get a new camera, right?
9 comments:
Oh i want to go repelling. I used to go all the time in college. I'd rock climb first and then repell back down. I loved it and I miss it tons. Sorry about the camera, but at least you do get a new one that's always fun.
Okay that is waaaaaay worse than the time Mom deleted all my vacation pictures in Moab. At least now we know Seth is a human who makes mistakes, not some robot from the future bent on our destruction. . . or maybe it's the other way around? Run for your life!
I love to rock climb. The rapelling part still gets me the first few times I do it. My children have no fear of it though!!!
you are awesome!
AHAH! I can totally imagine you jumping off the edge of some huge cliff - it's all in my head. Sorry about the camera, that is pretty poopy. Want to borrow ours?
I'm picturing you climbing one of those super high cliffs like in Zions or something... its pretty awesome. If I can figure out how, I'll send you a picture!
I HATE losing camera's! Good thing we have "heart pictures!" :-) I have tons of cool pictures, just no idea how to put them on! I have to rely on Scott....who is rarely home. I'll figure it out someday! Until then......:-)
Post a Comment