I really miss Seth being the bishop. I was safe from many callings, however, now that he is done I am feeling more vulnerable. I was called to be the 1st counselor in the primary yesterday. I was NOT released as the secretary, so I guess I'll do double duty for a while. We were short on help yesterday so I also led the music while the president played the piano amidst all her other responsibilities. (Making other assignments, finding a sub for the teacher that didn't show etc...) I think we have some holes to fill. But it'll be good, that's what I keep telling myself anyway.
Wish me luck!
5.24.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paris: Day One
We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...
-
Will you please leave a comment so I can link back to your blog and make it look like I have some friends again?
-
Yesterday Sariah turned 8. Holy cow! I can't believe I have an 8 year old. We had a fun day. She went to school, then Activity Days. Aft...
-
I have been going to therapy for a little while. Usually in the afternoons a couple times a month. My sessions last anywhere between twenty ...
5 comments:
I feel your pain with the primary! It's so frustrating to have no shows and be scrambling around trying to figure things out on top of your own original responsibilities! Ugh! I don't understand how adults can be so flaky! Anyway, congrats!!
Hello! You will rock and of course do everything well. You go girl!
Yay!!! I hope you will find as much joy in the primary journey as I have had. That is very sincere. They bring so much peace, and joy and humor to my life....I can't imagine not being with them! It has been a wonderful calling.
We miss you too and hope to see you over the holiday weekend. Chris is going camping with some good friends of ours...I'm so paranoid, but the dad is a Bishop and I totally trust him! Jessie is going with her dad, so Gram and I may be coming to Tooele for a bit to decorate graves.
I'll call you!
Love you all!
Cami
Ha Ha! and you thought you and Seth would have more time together once he was released. Now it is his turn to supervise the monkeys while you run from one meeting to the next. But really, you will be great!
I've never been safe from any calling but president of an auxillary. Since Lance has been called I've been in the Young Womens (the only true calling) Primary (the most fun you can have in two hours on a Sunday) and Gospel Doctrine twice(if you want intimidation, try teaching the Old Testament to old bishops!!). Of course, this is all by choice. If I didn't have a calling I would be the permanent primary substitute.
Post a Comment