4.27.2010

Ticked-off

On Sunday April 18, the first week that Seth was around Sunday morning to help with the kids, we had an eventful morning. He told me he wanted to go to choir practice so try to have the kids get ready first and he would take them with him so I could get ready alone. So I'm hustling to get them ready and I call Caleb into the bathroom to do his hair. I noticed there was a scab on his head. I leaned in for a closer look wondering how I missed a bonk that would have drawn blood. As I am examining the wound I realize that the scab has legs... that are moving!!! Then it hits me. This isn't a scab, it's a tick. Where on earth does a three year old, who doesn't live in the woods or visit the woods end up with a tick? I was totally freaked out. I had the heebeegeebees all day. I couldn't get over it. I think it's a little ironic my name is Bugs considering I don't like them at all.




Well after that incident, I couldn't get it out of my head, so I composed a little ode to the tick. It goes loosely with the tune "Piano Man" by a Mr. William (Billy) Joel. (For all you Office fans!)



It was 10 o'clock Sunday mornin'

We're all getting ready for church

While I'm combin' his hair

I see somethin' there

And I know that I'm in a lurch


I say 'Hun can you come here and see this?!?!

I'm not really sure it's a scab!

Cause it's small and it's brown

and it's movin' around'

And that's when we both start to gag!


Oh leave us alone, little blood sucker

Leave us alone today

'Cause we're not in the mood for Lyme disease

And that's why you're gonna pay!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love your posts. I'd be pretty ticked--off too. Blech!

mckenna said...

Ha ha ha ha!! Great song. I think I'd vomit. And then call the exterminator to make sure there weren't tick babies hiding in my house somewhere. Ew.

Stacee Maree said...

I am still gagging. Gross!

Timani said...

OH MY HECK! FYI, you should talk to the doc and get him started on some antibiotics, 1 month is recommended to prevent Lyme Disease. And I say that because I have Lyme and if it is contracted and not treated immediately, it can be really bad. If you want to know, I'll tell you about it sometime.

BTW, LOVE the song!

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...