4.12.2010

It's over!

Well, after just over five years, Seth was released yesterday from being the bishop. YEAH!!! I have been on a little bit of an emotional roller coaster. That's something I had not anticipated. (And I LOVE roller coasters.) I was really ready for the excitement, but I had a little of the 'what's next' feeling. A few weeks ago I could have listed a thousand things that we could do next in about a minute. But now I just draw a blank. It will be interesting to see the adjustment it will be. This week there will be no going to meetings in the evenings and then on Sunday he will get to sit with us in church.
There is still school. That will take up a large chunk of time until the end of June. Oh yeah, and that two week long trip to Europe that's part of 'class.' I sure hope he studies hard while he is catching 'Les Miserables' in London. Only two and a half months left. I think I can handle that. I just hope Seth can.

13 comments:

Denise said...

I absolutely do read your blog, and I knew yesterday about Seth. Congratulations. I know the ward will really miss him. See if you guys can get called into a calling together as a couple. That's what the Clifford's got to do and they love it. We need to schedule a girl's night.

Emma said...

Yes congrats and I will miss your husband as bishop. No really he is such a great guy and easy to laugh. Not sure if he was laughing with me or at me some times though. LOL probably both. I do so it wouldn't supprise me at all. : ) hugs and just think now you dont have to worry about him being gone on his trip and then come home and have to be gone for bishop stuff. Tell him that any time he wants the calling back to just let Steve know and he will gladly hand over the reins. : )

Linnea said...

What a big change! When Vince was released from the Bishopric we had an adjustment phase--it was really weird for me to get used to Dad being home to lead scripture study, prayers, etc. Actually it was several months before I realized that I was still doing everything the same and that he was feeling like an outsider. Sundays were comical because he kept messing up my system so I finally told him to just go read his scriptures or something--we never have developed a good Sunday morning routine that includes him, which is fine because he's gone most Sunday mornings still anyway. My favorite part of getting him "back" was letting him do lawn care and rototilling. I'm a terrible rototiller--I always end up wrestling the thing and then getting very angry and crying before I get it done...pathetic.

Linnea said...

What a big change! When Vince was released from the Bishopric we had an adjustment phase--it was really weird for me to get used to Dad being home to lead scripture study, prayers, etc. Actually it was several months before I realized that I was still doing everything the same and that he was feeling like an outsider. Sundays were comical because he kept messing up my system so I finally told him to just go read his scriptures or something--we never have developed a good Sunday morning routine that includes him, which is fine because he's gone most Sunday mornings still anyway. My favorite part of getting him "back" was letting him do lawn care and rototilling. I'm a terrible rototiller--I always end up wrestling the thing and then getting very angry and crying before I get it done...pathetic.

Diane said...

All those tithing envelopes....

:)

Natalie said...

Congratulations! And I'm sorry.

Yep, the only things that apply here are the same things I said when he was called. I wondered why he sounded so relaxed when I called yesterday to wish Caleb Happy Birthday! Maybe now he can make it to Idol night? Maybe?

Happy Herrons said...

IT will be a fun/different change and at least something new! Don't worry, we will still be your neighbors and share children with you.

mckenna said...

Congrats on getting your hubby back! Although I'd keep the celebrating to a minimum. You don't want to jinx him into the high counsel or stake presidency or something!! ;)

Erin said...

wow! a hubby to sit next to & have home more:) lucky girl;). and happy THIRD birthday caleb! tell our kids they're not allowed to get any older...except sam:). love you guys.

Unknown said...

it will be a nice change! :)

Cami said...

Nothing's ever really OVER. On to the Stake Presidency, then most likely an Apostle someday. Just tell him, "no stories about Cami" when he speaks in General Conference. :-}

Bonnie said...

I'm so excited for you! You can have your honey back for a bit! (Until he's called as an Apostle!)

Timani said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...