Last Saturday I ran my first ever 5K. I was supporting the Tooele County Special Olympics. I ran a personal best. Somewhere between 23 and 40 minutes (closer to 40). I'm really not sure because I missed them calling out the times. I think I was a little more focused on, "In...Out...In...Out...In...Out: (gasp) But not too fast or you'll hyper (gasp) ventilate!"
But I ran the whole time, which was my goal since I didn't train at all. It was a great course. The first half was uphill, but the second half was downhill. Oh blessed gravity!
Here's me after the race and after consuming two apple fritters! Yummy. It's a good thing I just ran 3.1 miles.
4 comments:
Good job! I am proud of you - this is certainly something I cannot do without a LOT of training beforehand!
You're awesome! My first 5K is next month and even with training, I'm terrified. So when I post about it and say how I ran the entire thing in 30 minutes or less, just know that I'm lying. :) And I'm jealous of you.
Brat brat brat! Just had to throw it in "since I didn't train at all." :)
Of course you did awesome, because you ROCK!
Wow! you are awsome!!! Hey I love lazer tag. Next time you go I would love to come with you. :D
Post a Comment