4.07.2010

Dinner conversation

At dinner tonight we were having a lovely family discussion. There was the usual, "Sit down!" "Please chew with your mouth closed," and "Leave your sister's food alone." I guess Seth thought he needed a little variety so he asked Arch how his day at school was. We learned that he went to the library, as he does most Wednesdays, to get a new book. I'm not sure how many books the school library has because he only comes home with 'The Magic School Bus' books. He says he likes them, they are interesting and he likes to learn about science. This week we get to learn about bats, again.
As he's explaining all this he adds, "Next week we get to do the chicks at school." Seth, not having been around for the previous conversation about Arch's day at school, had a difficult time following the conversation. I knew immediately the he was referring to the baby chickens the kindergartners get every spring and watch hatch and then they mysteriously 'go home to the farm in Vermont' or something. They all get very excited to see the chicks and watch nature in it's purest form.
Seth turns to me and says, "It's okay for him to say that in kindergarten, but I don't want to hear that when he's in high school."

6 comments:

Stacee Maree said...

That's funny. Arch is a true character.

Natalie said...

He always cracks me up! What a card!

Cami said...

Actually, I think it's Seth who's the true character! Lol.....YAY!!!! You're starting to have DINNER CONVERSATION!!! Just wait, it gets better and better!

Timani said...

You know in a few years Seth would not be able to say that at the dinner table without grossing out and embarrassing your children. With that said, I think it's hilarious!

Linnea said...

Timani is right but I get distinct happiness from grossing out and embarrassing my children. :)

Denise said...

So funny. Seth won't have to worry about Arch though, I think the chicks will be after him in High School.

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...