I think that most of you are too. You just won't admit it. If you are wondering what BCTGM is it's the Bakery Confectionery Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers Union. (How on earth do confectioners and tobacco workers get lumped together in the same union?) Who are they you wonder? The fine folks who bring us Hostess snacks, specifically Twinkies.
I was having a conversation with Sariah yesterday and Twinkies came up. She said, "What, twin...what? What are those?"
I realized the source for all their misdeeds and tantrums. My children have gone their entire lives without a Twinkie. What an awful mother I am.
I decided to remedy the situation at the store today. I grabbed a box of 'Golden Sponge Cake with Creamy Filling.' As we were headed to the check out line Arch saw some NutriGrain bars and asked for them. Like any good mother I said "No, we are getting Twinkies!"
After we had lunch we broke open the box. Arch was delighted. "These are bigger and better than what I was suspecting. These are so yummy! They taste like paint!"
Enough said.
Wait, how does he know what paint taste like? I don't want to know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paris: Day One
We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...
-
Will you please leave a comment so I can link back to your blog and make it look like I have some friends again?
-
Yesterday Sariah turned 8. Holy cow! I can't believe I have an 8 year old. We had a fun day. She went to school, then Activity Days. Aft...
-
I have been going to therapy for a little while. Usually in the afternoons a couple times a month. My sessions last anywhere between twenty ...
10 comments:
Ha! I am so glad you are a GREAT mother!!
SO that is what you were doing when you were supposed to be watching my kids. Teaching unhealthy habits. YOu would have been better off with my kids. :0)
Arch is too funny!
I bought ding-dongs a couple months ago, my kids had no idea what they were and they're older than yours.
I can honestly say I don't support Hostess at all. They don't even count as junk food...just junk. I am going to put in my calories with something rich and decadent that actually tastes good!
Unfortunately my children know what every single Hostess item tastes like, looks like, feels like, and how long they take to melt in your mouth. AND they don't seem to mind what they taste like! Lol.....good thing. Home baked goodies are a thing of the past. Hello Hostess! Lol.....
That is so funny we had the same conversation with Lizzie like 3 weeks ago over dinner. I don't know whether I was proud or sad that Lizzie had never had a twinkie I've got a feeling her colon and over all health is thankful that she hasn't.
I love reading your posts--so funny!
I think it is hysterical that you have both extremes in your house - the boy who will eat literally anything and the one who eats next to nothing. I AM wondering how Arch knows what paint tastes like. "Did you eat paint chips as a kid?" Hmmmmm......
Hilarious!!! How did you know about that union? That's an interesting group... maybe that's why twinkies and breads are so addicting??
BIG LOL!!!!!! That was great!!!!!
Post a Comment