Saturday was Ada's first birthday. I love having get-togethers with family but I don't want people to feel obligated to come because it's birthday or bring presents. So I was a little hesitant to plan anything. I thought we would just do a little low key thing. But then my dad called and asked if we were planning anything. I told him not really but then he said that he would like to come and have cake and ice cream and that Saturday was better than Sunday and they would be here about 6:00 pm. So I thought, Why not? They are the grandparents. then the next day one of my brothers called and asked if were were doing anything and wanted to know if they could come visit. Let's just make it a party! So I called yet another brother and invited them too. At this point I don't want people to feel left out. So our little low key thing turned into dinner and dessert and we had a blast. I'm sure glad that my dad invited himself.
Here are a few things that went on that evening.
The birthday girl:

The cake, before:

The cake, after:
( Nothing to listen to, so you don't need to turn on your speakers unless you are interested in what toppings everybody wants on their ice cream.
My favorite part is when she totally cheeses it when she realizes that somebody is watching her.)
The gifts:



I hate how Grandma's gifts are always better. Even if it is a dirty doll that is 29 years old that used to belong to me. Kinda cute actually!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday little Ada! Love, love, love that great big smile.... :D Hugs and kisses.....Cami
she can't be 1 already!!!! Happy Birthday miss Ada; now stop growing up!
She is so dang pretty! I love how your kids are so happy and smiley! ;)
Post a Comment