We have a little tradition of getting our Christmas tree the Family Night after Thanksgiving. We are the kind who like to buy a REAL tree so it smells pretty and we don't have to store it. So the kids and I decorated it tonight while Papa was doing homework (only eight more months).
I have decided that I will take the tree back.
As much as I love Christmas and having a tree in my living room, I hate, I hate, I hate chasing my one year old around the room (after she has undecorated the tree and is laughing hysterically along with the other three leftover turkeys from Thanksgiving) trying to get the lovely matching ornaments that were placed so precisely to look pleasing to the eye away from her snotty face and sticky fingers.
Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paris: Day One
We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...
-
Will you please leave a comment so I can link back to your blog and make it look like I have some friends again?
-
Yesterday Sariah turned 8. Holy cow! I can't believe I have an 8 year old. We had a fun day. She went to school, then Activity Days. Aft...
-
I have been going to therapy for a little while. Usually in the afternoons a couple times a month. My sessions last anywhere between twenty ...
2 comments:
Ha Ha. Okay I can't laugh too much I just put Christmas up last night and have already had to glue several things back together. Sadly most of the breaking has been my fault.
Ha ha ha! I remember my mom always getting after us when we were little. She'd hang candy canes on the tree and threaten us not to touch them or take them off the tree. So we didn't. We just sucked the bottoms off of each and every one within reach without actually having to take them off the tree. :) And now I chase my own darn monkeys away from my tree and other decorations. Ah, motherhood.
Post a Comment