9.16.2009

Baby Steps


Yesterday Ada took her first steps. I can't believe that my little baby really isn't so little or babyish anymore. She'll be one year in a couple of months and probably talking before Caleb. She's such a sweet girl with a great big smile. We are so glad she came to live with us.

She also had her first impulse buy yesterday. We went to Wal*Mart to get a few things because it was payday. We saw a cute little stuffed white bunny. I gave it to her and she gave it a hug and then put it in her mouth. I thought that was gross, but I wiped it off and put it back on the shelf. As we walked away she thew a tantrum as she reached for the bunny. I just kept walking because I don't give in like that. But she kept crying. I wanted to see if she was really freaking out about the bunny so we walked by again. Sure enough, she saw it and was so excited as she reached for it. I thought that was so cute, so we got the fuzzy little bunny. I know, I'm a push over. But it's so cute when she snuggles it. Awwww!

5 comments:

Shelly said...

You are such a pushover. Now you are doomed FOREVER!! One little slip-up is all it takes.

lizwagz said...

oh man, you gave in?!?!? I am glad that you actually did end up buying the slobber bunny and didn't leave it dripping on the shelf.

Cami said...

Lol! Good job Bugs! Exactly what I would have done. I'm a sucker for an adorable face! :)

Timani said...

pushover! If your other kids get a whiff of that you are forever doomed to incessant whining and begging (but hey, what's new about that, right?)

Oh to see that cute little girl love love love something. Glad you gave in.

Happy Herrons said...

Glad it's not just me. Man, she looks like Caleb in that pic. What cutie kids you have!

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...