Have you ever had those days where all you do is laundry, dishes, clean the bathroom, fix dinner etc.? (How would you punctuate that?) Well, I know you have because I have read about them in your various posts. Well, I am having one of those days and I have really been trying to be a little more optimistic in my thinking. I know some of you have been trying also, because there have been several posts about gratitude, too. So thank you!
But as I have been doing all my chores I have been pondering what it all really means. And yes, there is meaning in this so called mundane life of a stay-at-home mama.
When I am doing laundry it means that I have clothes to wear, a lot of them, and so do my kids. I have a washer and a dryer, I don't have to go to the laundromat. I have running water in my house. I have a house! It is all my own (and the banks) that I got to choose and make my own. That means that we have money to pay for the house which means that I have a husband who has a job that provides enough for us to afford a house and all the things that go in it. And he is willing and able to have that job so I can stay home. I have a husband, who I was blessed enough to be sealed to in the temple. And we can be an eternal family. I have three (almost four) beautiful children who are wonderful, smart, funny and charming. I have a body that has allowed me to have those children (however much I complain about being pregnant.) And even when I am really pregnant my body still allows me to provide for my family by doing silly, mundane things like laundry and wiping up urine off the bathroom floor (that seems so hard to reach these days.)
It's amazing what you can find to be grateful for when you look for it. (I think tht is why we are asked to be grateful.) Doing the laundry lets me know that my Heavenly Father knows me. He loves me and has filled my life with my wonderful family. He has provided a way that we can be together forever, with each other and with Him.
So be thankful that we all have laundry to do and remember what blessing are yours because you are doing laundry!
11.12.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paris: Day One
We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...
-
Will you please leave a comment so I can link back to your blog and make it look like I have some friends again?
-
Yesterday Sariah turned 8. Holy cow! I can't believe I have an 8 year old. We had a fun day. She went to school, then Activity Days. Aft...
-
I have been going to therapy for a little while. Usually in the afternoons a couple times a month. My sessions last anywhere between twenty ...
6 comments:
I might just print this out and hang it on on my fridge! I love how you put this...thanks for sharing with us!
I needed that today!! I've spent the day cleaning poopy underwear and pants and towels and clothes (did I mention the kids are sick) and really needed a reminder of why I was doing it! Thanks cuz!
I don't think you thought hard enough about that post :) I am really grateful for laundry now that I have a place to fold it. I recommend a shelf or table in any laundry room any where. Thanks for the uplift though it's nice to feel like we're not alone
I am with you that it is crazy sometimes, but a HUGE blessing! ;)
Thanks Bugs for reminding me of all I am blessed with, even as I trip on it as I go into Alex's room.
Great thanks-writing!
Post a Comment