
PEACH PIE
2 1/2 cup peaches
2 1/2 cup peaches
1 T. lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup sugar
3 T. cornstarch
2 T. butter
1/8 t. salt
1/8 t. almond extract (optional)
Drizzle the lemon juice over the peaches and add 1/4 cup sugar. Let stand for 1 hour. Drain peaches and add enough water to the syrup to make 1 cup liquid. Blend 1/2 cup sugar with the cornstarch (in a saucepan) and add the liquid gradually. Boil for 3 minutes, or until thick. Remove from heat and add the butter, salt, and extract. Add the peaches. Pour into a cooked pie shell. Refrigerate.
I've already made three of these and I've only had the recipe for about a week. If you don't have almond you can use vanilla but it's so much better with almond.
6 comments:
that does look yummy, when should i come over?!?!
Sorry! It's already gone!
Where's my pie?? I'm husbandless. Take pity on me & share with me a whole pie! That looks delish!
And it tasted GREAT! Thanks for the slice!
gosh, first you bottle peaches, now you make a beautiful peach pie?? You really are super mom. I miss you guys! Are you coming out this Friday? I am about 90% sure we can stop by. Yay!
You know that peach pie is my absolute favorite, right? (Wink, wink!)
Post a Comment