8.29.2008

Football season is here...finally!

Okay, I went to this thing a month ago and I am finally getting around to posting it now, better late than never, right? I decided to wait till the season began so it could be a little celebration.

BYU has a women's football clinic for fans and wives of fans, depending on the category you fall into. (Or related to a fan and her fan husband. (Thanks UTE momma!))

I went with my mom, this is becoming a tradition, and this year my grandma, Elon Widdison, aka Gran to her grandchildren. It was Gran's birthday, she was turning 88 so it was my present to her. How many of your grandma's would dig a gift like that? (By the way, this is the same grandma that went skydiving a few years ago just because she could! So, this is right up her ally.) Also a few friends from the ward, Heather, Barbara and Iris. It's great to have friends with similar interests!


We went and took a tour of the locker room at LaVelle Edwards Stadium (LES)and had a little dinner. Met a few of the players, ones that you (well, maybe not you but I have) actually have heard of, and then watched a presentation from Coach Bronco Mendenhall.Then the best part of the night is getting to participate in drills on the field at LES.

Since it was my grandma's birthday they all sang to her, I missed that part because I was in the locker room. And she was given a little prize because she was the oldest attendant there. As I mentioned before her name is Elon. There is a university in North Carolina called Elon University. So just before the clinic she was sent a shirt for her birthday from my cousin that says 'Elon University' she thought that was pretty cool, which it kinda is, and so she wore her shirt. Too bad it happens to be a red color. Bad idea for a BYU clinic. So she went around all night telling people that this is a real school and that if you have enough money they will name anything after you. (The trick is she never has donated to the school, she's just funny!) Anyway, it was a fun night and we had a great time. There was even a girl there that used to live in Elon, North Carolina, (middle picture) they were able to chat for a while. That made Gran's day. She loves the attention of a night like that. (Now you know where I get it from.) She was interviewed several times for different small newspapers and a few TV news programs. She loves the spotlight.

Here are a few more gems from the evening.


2 comments:

Happy Herrons said...

Did you really hit that big blue thing with your shoulders? did it hurt? Wow - you are cool! It is good to know who I can turn to for all my foot-ball stupid questions

Anonymous said...

Ew. BYU again? Your Ute Mama should know better than to encourage your addictive behavior! I love her and all, but maybe she and I are going to have to have a chat. ;)

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...