4.18.2008

Our little dancing princess

When I was pregnant with Sariah, before I knew it was a girl, I wanted a boy so badly. What would I do with a girl? I don't like pink! I don't like bows! I don't like ruffles and girly stuff! I do like sports and being a tomboy. I always have. Now that she is here and the girly girl that she is I love it. I never thought I would allow my daughter to dance. How girly is that? I don't know anything about it. But I have been living vicariously through her girliness. It's been pretty fun, I must admit. So she has a dance competition this weekend and I'm pretty excited to see how she does. I'm afraid that she will freeze when she sees the people watching. I wish her luck and a lack of stage fright.

Here is her costume for her jazz dance. (When I heard they were doing a jazz dance I was having visions of going to EnergySolutions Arena and meeting Jazz players, but alas.) There will be more pictures later with her cute little tutu for the ballet dance.

3 comments:

Phoebe said...

Lol, having flashbacks. I froze in the middle of a solo in 3rd grade. My dancing career didn't last long, I took up oil painting instead.

lizwagz said...

Can I live vicariously through her too?? I did the dance thing when I was little but since I have all boys I will never get to experience putting ribbons and ruffles on my kids. ( I guess I could but that would just be demented!)

Stacee Maree said...

How did she do yesterday? That outfit does look better on than off.

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...