
For those of you who don't know, I used to play basketball, even in college. When I met Seth I decided to leave my senior year so we could move back to Utah and get married and I transferred to BYU. That was about seven years ago and I really haven't played much since then. But just recently a family in my ward asked me to help coach two of their kids a little bit on the side. So I said yes. I was a little hesitant at first because I never wanted to be a coach. I never liked that my coaches yelled a lot (even though I have tremendous respect for them still (if you are reading this, I love you Anita!!)) So I was a little leery. But I did a little research online to see where to start and I found a booklet that had all kinds of drills. As I read through them I was having flashbacks to my playing days. I think I was sweating and couldn't catch my breath. All the time thinking of how much fun it is going to be for me to have my own little people to torture and put through all the pain I remember! If felt like Mr. Burns drumming my fingertips together. Excellent!

I have done it a few times and I am absolutely loving it. I had forgotten how much I love playing the game. So I am thinking that coaching might be in my future. (Far distant future, when the kids are in school, maybe.) I guess we'll see, but I am going to enjoy it while I can!
6 comments:
Good for you Bugs!
Super!!! Remind me not to have you coach my kids. I am affraid of what they would learn HA HA HA. Go you.
You are so funny, I find your blog very entertaining.
I think yo would be a great coach!!!
Now wait! Upon reading your post again, I am confused. What have you done a few times that feels good? Coaching? Or drumming our fingers together like Mr. Burns and saying "Excellent"? Maybe I am just overanalyzing. . .
Spring is in the air and that means those beautiful summertime memories are returning. Many smell the flowers and are instantly rejuvinated, some love the chance to eat popsicles and leave their coat at home. Wearing t-shirts and capris is one of my favorites, but you can just never top the smell of rain......unless of course the smell of rain also comes with the smell of MUD and GRASS. It's the time of year when I start having soccer dreams and wishing that I wasn't 8 months pregnant so I could go out and kick some butt!! I feel for you, but don't give those kids too hard a time!
Post a Comment