4.06.2008

Caramel Popcorn

This is a great soft caramel popcorn recipe I also like to add walnuts to add a few hundred extra calories and a little crunch. Also I'm not sure how to get exactly 5 quarts so I just pop some and see if it looks good, so I'm not sure if this ratio is correct. If you know how measure that let me know.

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup light Karo syrup
1 cube (1/2 cup) butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
5 qts. popped popcorn

In a saucepan combine sugar, syrup and butter. Bring to a boil for 4-6 minutes. Take off heat and add sweetened condensed milk. Pour over popcorn and stir to coat.

2 comments:

Happy Herrons said...

Awesome! I am SO excited to try it - can you just add any type of nuts that you like? Thanks for posting this!

Happy Herrons said...

Bugs - I need your email address again! annherron@comcast.net

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...