Here are the rest of the recipes that go with the black beans I posted a little while ago.
CILANTRO-LIME RICE
1 cup uncooked rice
1 teaspoon butter or margarine
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 can (15 oz) chicken broth and enough water to make 2 cups
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
In a saucepan combine rice, butter, garlic, lime peel, chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes, until rice is tender. Remove from heat. In a small bowl combine lime juice, sugar and cilantro. Pour over hot cooked rice.
CAFE RIO DRESSING
1 buttermilk ranch dressing packet (make as per recipe)
2 tomatillos (tomato like vegetable with a husk around them)
½ bunch of cilantro
1 clove garlic
Juice of 1 lime
1 jalapeƱo (Use the seeds too if you like it spicy. You could substitute a few drops of green Tabasco for the jalapeno.)
Use a food processor or blender to blend all the ingredients well. Refrigerate.
(This makes a lot of salad dressing, but it keeps pretty well and I like it on just regular salads, too)
CAFE RIO CHICKEN
1 small bottle Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
1 T chili powder
1 T cumin
3 cloves garlic—minced
5 lbs chicken breast
Cook all together in a crock pot for 4 hours, shred meat and cook 1 additional hour.
(I just cook a few chicken breasts at a time in a frying pan with just a little Italian dressing and seasonings. It works just fine.)
I also buy uncooked TortillaLand tortillas. They are the best. So I cook one of those and add the rice, beans, chicken, lettuce, maybe some guacamole and the salad dressing. It is heaven. But only if you like Cafe Rio and cilantro. It's a great little meal and really not that hard to make.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paris: Day One
We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...
-
Will you please leave a comment so I can link back to your blog and make it look like I have some friends again?
-
Yesterday Sariah turned 8. Holy cow! I can't believe I have an 8 year old. We had a fun day. She went to school, then Activity Days. Aft...
-
I have been going to therapy for a little while. Usually in the afternoons a couple times a month. My sessions last anywhere between twenty ...
2 comments:
Bugs I notice that you post alot of recipes would you like me to give your email address to my friend so that you can post recipes on that site instead of yours? Just a questions. I don't think I have your email address any more and I changed mine. caitdawscora@q.com email if you want to be added to the group
I love that you share these great recipes. When I get my life back, maybe I will take up a little cooking.
Post a Comment