3.16.2008

Holy crap!!!

DISCLAIMER
I know this post will be a little disturbing to a few of my delicate readers, however, I just couldn't resist.
Here's the story. Sunday night, Seth goes to visit some neighbors, he said he'll be back in a few minutes. Caleb is having his last bottle before bedtime so I am reading to the other kids while he finishes. As I am reading in the living room on the floor Caleb is in his high chair in the kitchen and I hear him splashing in something. Of course he has turned his bottle upside down and made a little puddle that he thinks is fun. (Not the first time this has happened.) So I keep reading because we weren't finished with our story. "Just a few more minutes," I think to myself. Then he begins to complain (who wouldn't). We are still not finished so just a few more minutes. Then he gets really mad and so I stop the story and stand up to see this!!!


As you can imagine I am shocked to see what I saw. This isn't even all of it, there is some on the table and on the floor. Needless to say I spent the next half hour cleaning up poop and using what was left of my disinfecting wipes and a good portion of my Lysol spray. I think our house will smell like that for a week. And after I get it all cleaned up, guess who decided to come home? Seth! Right on cue. "Sorry that took me so long! Is everything okay? What's that smell?"
It was such a great evening that I felt I had to share. But I must say, keeping an eye out for things to blog about helps me laugh through the really yucky stuff. And to keep my camera close.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm shocked! Not only because I can't believe he pooped that much, but also because I don't know what else to say! Sure hope Caleb is all right!

Kellie, said...

I am speachless (and you know how seldom that happens)!!!!

Stacee Maree said...

I might puke all my green breakfast on my computer. That makes me laugh. Where did it all come from? I thought you said he had problems with that???

Phoebe said...

Isn't that convenient how Dads have a sixth sense and show up just as everything is back to normal and then wonder why you have a deer in the headlights look on your face? I swear that's a daily occurence at my house.

Avina Family said...

Holy crap is right!!! I don't think I have ever seen so much poop in my life. I'm glad that it was you and not me because I don't have the stomach for situation like that. But I'm sure Caleb felt so much better after!

Anna said...

yucky!!!!! oh my goodness, the things we have to do as mothers! this one will go down in the books, though, i'm sure - he'll prob'ly never live this down, ha!

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...