3.17.2008

Black Beans

Here is a mock Cafe Rio black bean recipe that I found on the internet for Miss Nataile. But I thought some others might appreciate this.
BLACK BEANS
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/3 cup tomato juice
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro

In a nonstick skillet, cook garlic and cumin in olive oil over medium heat until you can smell it. Add beans, tomato juice, and salt. Continually stir until heated through. Just before serving stir in the cilantro.

I usually use a small can of tomato sauce and enough water to make 1 1/3 cup and then omit the salt because it's just too much. And I don't always have cilantro but they are still great without it.

2 comments:

Phoebe said...

What about that sweet flavored pork that they put in the salad, do you have the recipe for that?

Natalie said...

Thanks for the recipe Bugs! They turned out really well!

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...