We are here. We have finally recovered from jet lag (I think.) The kids have started school. We got another refrigerator to store all the liters of milk we buy. We go to the store usually everyday. The bread and cheese and milk and chocolate are yummy!!! I was hoping to come here and lose weight. But that's just not going to happen.

Today we headed out on our first excursion. Before we left we had to drive all the way to Austria to get gas. It's quite a bit less expensive there. Good thing it's just across the river. Then it was off to Passau, only about a one hour drive. It is a town where three rivers converge. The Inn, the Ilz and the Danube. We stopped at St. Steven's Cathedral, it has the largest cathedral organ in the world with almost 18,000 pipes. That's about the same number of pipes if you combine the Tabernacle and the Conference Center organs. Unfortunately it was not being played while we were there.
Grace had to go potty so we found the bathroom and there was a lady standing in the bathroom with one euro. She looked at me hopefully. I looked at the stalls and saw that you had to have a fifty cent piece just to get the stall door open. So I gave her some change. She looked relieved. (See what I did there?)

After the church we took a little stroll through town. There are some crazy narrow streets and alleys. Cute little shops and bakeries. We headed to the Glass Museum. It really is just a museum filled with things made of glass. The perfect place to take six kids. Actually they were very good. And it helped that we were the only people in the whole place. I think Passau is more of a summer destination. It looks like it would be lovely without snow. We are definatley going to go back because we ran out of time. There is a fortress there that we only briefly saw. We would like to go to the museum inside but our littles (and me) were kind of tired.
Not a bad place to start. I was super happy that we had Seth's phone that works in Germany. The GPS technology is invaluable. Although we need to get a translator app on it. We got a parking ticket because we couldn't read the sign that said we couldn't park there. Oops.
We made it home in time to make some spatzle for dinner. It's the German version of mac n cheese. Today we made it with mozzarella. Again, yummy!
1 comment:
Well this is very good first exertion. Enjoy the chocolate!!
Post a Comment