9.09.2011

Real post this time

I'm sorry to all who read this blog. I have kind of transitioned to fb because I usually use my iPod and for some reason I can't get this thing to get the cursor into the box where you actually write the post. I forgot to erase the title.  So I went to the doctor the other day. I was 36 weeks and he checked me. He had to go digging so far to reach my cervix that I was a little sore for a few hours after. I must say I was pretty bummed. However it's at least nice to know what's going on down below. I was a little hopeful because a few nights before my appointment I was up for several hours with little contractions. You know the not real ones but that are just enough to keep you from sleeping? I was hoping they had done some work. Not so much.  But all is well. I am feeling a little more energized these days. I have had a few really good nesting days. I pulled the bin of newborn baby clothes up from the basement and then up to the laundry room to wash them. Sariah and I had a great time going through them. She is pretty excited to have another little sister... for now. We'll see when she is a teenager and she has to babysit all those little brothers and sisters. It was also fun to tell her which clothes she wore as a baby. It was fun to see how excited she got just knowing that she used to be that little.  So here we are. Just waiting. I was hoping to have her on Saturday. Her birthday would be 9-10-11. Also, that's Seth's mom's birthday. But it would kind of interfere with our yard work plans. Seth has been working on getting the back ready to plant grass this fall. Also my mom's birthday is the 26th of this month. That's a week before my due date so I was hoping to do it then. But now I don't want to wait that long. My sister will be coming to town next week. That would be a great time to have her. And then there is Seth who thinks I should wait until October 1st. "We already have a September birthday." I like the theory behind it but he's not the one who can't see his toes. Wait, no. He's not the one who's pregnant. This little lady will come this month. Maybe a little later than sooner. Only time will tell.  A friend of mine did bring me some evening primrose oil. It's supposed to help soften the cervix. She also brought a package of Oreo's. I seriously have the best friends in the world. They come and do dishes, they come with apple fritters and diet Pepsi, ice cream, lunch and peach cobbler. They take my little ones so I can take a nap. I really should say you. It's you awesome friends that read this I'm talking about. I don't know what I would do without you all. Thanks! Sniff sniff!

2 comments:

Kellie, said...

I am very disappointed to hear about your fall to fb, but can see how your thumbs could get tired.

Jeremy & Andrea said...

i'm really hoping the primrose works! I can't wait for the text or call that she's here!

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...