11.11.2010

Our after-summer-but-still-hot-as-summer vacation

We went to California the last part of Oct. and beginning of Nov. We started out in Laguna Niguel to visit with my cousin and her family. We had an absolute blast. They took us to the beach,
and we took over their home. Her husband is a crazy BYU fan so we had plenty to talk about. She also watched our kids while Seth and I went shoe shopping because 'master packer' forgot to pack her tennis shoes. Really I did that on purpose so I could get a new pair;) We attended church with them and then that evening we had the traditional Sunday "Waffles with the Widdison's." Scrumptious!

After a few nights with them we headed up to Anaheim to visit the happiest place on earth. I was a little disappointed because it wasn't as magical as our first visit. I think it might have had a little to do with this...
and this...
and this...
and this... Oh yeah, and Arch saying he didn't want to be there, it was boring and did we have to go back again today. I had to remind myself that he is a 6 year old boy. Not a 6 year old any other sort of animal.
We spent several days enjoying the hot summer sun in November. We ran into a few rodents. Ada thinks they are better from a distance. Totally mesmerized until they get close and then well, you know how it goes.
It was great to go when we did. It's not a really busy time of year. When we got there on Oct. 30 it was all decked out for Halloween. And by the time we left they had a lot of Christmas stuff up.


Here are a few random shots that I hope make you really jealous that we went to Disneyland and you didn't.

Our last day in California we headed to Huntington Beach. It was amazingly warm. We took turns burying each other in the sand and made some sand castles that Ada-zilla destroyed. We brought home a few seashells, a lot of sand, (some in places that sand should never be.) And I happened upon a crazy sunburn. I neglected to use enough sunblock. Sorry no photo.
It was a great time together as a family.
But it was exhausting.

7 comments:

mckenna said...

Mission accomplished. I am cRaZy jealous. Looks like you had a blast!!! Love the attitude in those pictures from the kids. Hilarious!!

Stacee Maree said...

Ya know most families wear matching Disney shirts at Disneyland, but not the Herrings!

Erin said...

so fun! we're jealous too! glad you guys got to go again:) hopefully next time we're in too! i love the log ride...arch & riah's face is PRICELESS:) fun seeing you last weekend too!

Cami said...

That was a fun virtual tour! :-) Might I add that I enjoy Seth's facebook posts immensely! Makes my day every single time! I'm missing Christopher's funny things he says....they're getting more grown up. Now they include things like; (please sing to the tune of Deck the Halls....)
Fill Ute players up with gasoline,
Falalalala lala lala
Light a match and watch them scream!
Falalalala lala lala.
Watch Rice Stadium turn to ashes!
Falala lalala la la la.
Aren't you glad I play with matches?!
Falalalala lala la la.

Sigh.

Miss you guys! Love the Christmas lights! I've got 6 of my trees up and 2 to go! Yay for Christmas!

Happy Herrons said...

We are glad you enjoyed your trip and even got pictures!! And we are glad you are home again.

Emma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emma said...

looks like you guys had a blast!!! I love vacation. Time with family is the best time spent!!! : )

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...