12.14.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paris: Day One
We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...
-
Will you please leave a comment so I can link back to your blog and make it look like I have some friends again?
-
Yesterday Sariah turned 8. Holy cow! I can't believe I have an 8 year old. We had a fun day. She went to school, then Activity Days. Aft...
-
I have been going to therapy for a little while. Usually in the afternoons a couple times a month. My sessions last anywhere between twenty ...
4 comments:
My Grandma (Beth's momma) makes the absolute BEST fudge ever!! But it can be hard to make. It's a picky recipe. I'm headed to Utah tomorrow for some Christmas shopping, so I'll email it to you while I'm there!!
Here is a friends recipe... She says it is an old family favorite...
Fudge
3 c. semi sweet chocolate chips (you can use milk chocolate, but it makes it really sweet)
1 stick butter
8 oz marshmallow creme
4 1/2 c sugar
2 can evaporated milk (do not use sweetened condensed, it will not work)
1 c chopped nuts of your choice
In a heavy bottomed saucepan, bring evaporated milk and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. After it boils, cook exactly 1o minutes, stirring occasionally, watching so it doesnt overboil onto the stove. Pour milk and sugar mixture over the other ingredients, stir to combine, and pour into a buttered pan, about 9x13. Chill til solid, cut and serve.
I have the best one:
1 bag powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
8oz cream cheese
1 stick marg/butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
*melt butter, vanilla and cream cheese together. While it is melting, stir sugar and cocoa together. Once butter, vanilla and cheese are all melted, mis into sugar and cocoa. It will be stiff, so work fast. Pat into a 8x8 pan and refrigerate until cooled and firm.
I have tried a LOT of recipes and found that I really don't like grainy fudge!! I also found that the easiest one is the one that tastes the best and is NOT grainy AT ALL!!
Melt 3 cups chocolate chips (GOOD CHOCOLATE CHIPS, NO Nestle or crap like that--UGH!! I always use Guittard brand, ghiradelli is good, too), one 14oz can sweetened condensed milk, and a dash of salt in a saucepan on low until THOROUGHLY melted (stir regularly). Add 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla and spread in an 8x8 inch pan. Chill thoroughly. Let it soften a bit before cutting and serving, but keep it in the pan for freshness and take pieces off as you eat it all yourself!! Let me know if any of these other recipes are good PLEASE!!
Post a Comment