Chocolate Layer Dessert
1st Layer
¾ cup butter
2 TBS powered sugar
1 ½ cups – 2 TBS flour (that’s minus or subtract 2 TBS of the flour from the cup and a half to make up for the powered sugar)
¾ cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
Mix together to make dough. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the crust is light brown. Let crust cool completely before adding the next layer.
2nd Layer
8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
1 cup powered sugar
½ 8 oz tub of Cool Whip
Cream together cream cheese and powered sugar. Fold in Cool Whip until smooth. Don’t over mix. (It’s important to use Philadelphia, Cool Whip and Jell-O brands. I have tried it with the cheap stuff and it doesn’t set up.) (Also, I used the 16oz size of Cool Whip.)
Spread over crust.
3rd Layer
1 large package Jell-O vanilla instant pudding
1 large package Jell-O chocolate instant pudding
4 cups milk
Combine and spread over 2nd layer.
4th Layer
Spread remaining Cool Whip over pudding. Sprinkle with grated chocolate candy bar.
Cover and chill at least 8 hours, better if overnight.
1st Layer
¾ cup butter
2 TBS powered sugar
1 ½ cups – 2 TBS flour (that’s minus or subtract 2 TBS of the flour from the cup and a half to make up for the powered sugar)
¾ cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
Mix together to make dough. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the crust is light brown. Let crust cool completely before adding the next layer.
2nd Layer
8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
1 cup powered sugar
½ 8 oz tub of Cool Whip
Cream together cream cheese and powered sugar. Fold in Cool Whip until smooth. Don’t over mix. (It’s important to use Philadelphia, Cool Whip and Jell-O brands. I have tried it with the cheap stuff and it doesn’t set up.) (Also, I used the 16oz size of Cool Whip.)
Spread over crust.
3rd Layer
1 large package Jell-O vanilla instant pudding
1 large package Jell-O chocolate instant pudding
4 cups milk
Combine and spread over 2nd layer.
4th Layer
Spread remaining Cool Whip over pudding. Sprinkle with grated chocolate candy bar.
Cover and chill at least 8 hours, better if overnight.
6 comments:
My mama always makes this. Right now I could totally eat a 9x13 pan full of it on my own. Yum.
I make this all the time and it is SO easy and delicious!!
Sounds yummy!
This is the kind of thing that is dangerous to have the recipe to, isn't it? ;) I'm with McKenna, a whole tray is definitely an option. :D
you must be the baking queen!!!
I think I will try this on for size... size 18, 20, 22... should I keep going? Gosh, I think I just gained 5 lbs. reading the recipe! YUM!
Post a Comment