You know what I hate about talking to adults. They are so fake. They never say it like it is, just sugar coat things to not make you feel bad. What's wrong with the truth?
You can't handle the truth!
I, on the other hand, can.
Last week we stayed with my sister-in-law while Seth was doing residency week for grad school. She is so great to host us. Well, as you know, when you are staying at somebody else's house there will inevitably be something that you are not prepared for. We had a family picnic one evening and the one somewhat presentable shirt I had packed to wear Ada puked on. So I asked my wonderful sister-in-law (who happens to be about my size, thank goodness) to borrow a shirt. She hadn't done much laundry and therefore it was slim pickin's. So she handed me a few to try. As I was trying the various styles Sariah was helping by giving me the best fashion advice I had ever received.
As I tried on the first shirt, which meant to have something worn underneath Sariah said, pointing to me chest, "Yeah, did you know that you can kind of see your crack that's right there?"
Thanks, I didn't know that.
As I tried on option number two she says, "Wow, that's a really pretty shirt but it makes you look like you have a baby in your tummy."
Thanks again.
She saved the best for last. As I tried yet another shirt that didn't fit she said,"You know Mama, if you were smaller you could fit into WAY more clothes."
I wish I could just talk to an adult. ANY adult will do.
11 comments:
OMGosh. That is soo dang funny. I am laughing my head off.
I would have probably wanted to say the same things to you, but you know what I nice person I am. I would have held off as long as I could and politely excused myself.
Bless her heart! Don't worry someday she'll say the same things to you without so much innocence and then you'll just want to kick her out of the house.
Ha ha ha!! Payson tells me similar things all the time. Like today. She came in while I was using the potty and said matter of factly, "Mom, your bum is just too big. It doesn't fit on the seat!!" Thanks Payson. Because I was thinking I needed to GAIN a few pounds.
You make me laugh so hard....and it's late and my mom is in bed, so shhhhhh......:) Your husband and I had a conversation about this very topic once...well, actually, it was on honesty. I just had to out and out admit that if a friend asked if a dress looked good on her, and it really didn't, I would say it did. Sorry. Or maybe NOT sorry! Is that the adult conversation you were looking for???!!! Lol! Once when Chris was about four....he said to me, "Mom, you are Soooooo skinny!" Before I could respond he added, "kinda like Santa Claus!" 'nough said. :)
AHAHAH!!! SO funny! Yes, adult conversation is needed on a reqular basis. I am SO glad we are neighbors!!!
What I love is when the kid tells you something in front of every other adult you know and they all laugh. Such as the other day when Tess told me I weigh more than Grammy's pool.I thought Beckett was going to pass out from laughing.
If it makes you feel any better, I have been doing a LOT of running lately and working quite hard to get in shape. No matter how hard I try to talk him out of it, Sid is sure that I have two baby girls in my tummy. I have no idea where he got that idea from, but I am not pregnant that I know of and when I asked him if they would fit in there he was sure they would.
*chuckling*
kids are great...
oh my gosh I just scared Ella I laughed so hard. You NEED to write a book... your kids are so dang funny!!!
How did I miss this one? Hilarious! Did you tell her, "Thanks so much 'sweetheart'?
Good thing she doesn't see you in those loooovely (gag) basketball jerseys...they make us look like we're at a meat packing plant (stuffed sausages).
Post a Comment