7.21.2009

The role of a mother

As most of you know, being a mother demands expertise in many fields. I played a veterinarian today, although it wasn't the first time I played a vet I think I will retire after my services today.

Arch (of course) comes in and asks: Where are the scissors?

Me: Why do you need the scissors? (I like to follow his questions with my own.)

Arch: Because we need them to get the stick out of the horse.

Me: Why is there a stick in the horse?

Arch: It's in the bum hole.

Me: The bum hole?

Arch: Yeah, you know where the tail used to be.

Me: (Whew) (I repeat) Why is there a stick in the horse?

Arch: Because that's where Sariah put it. Where are the scissors? (His tone implied I was a 'sweetheart' (inside joke))


Here is the surgery documented.

6 comments:

Happy Herrons said...

Wow, you should DEFINATELY get a raise!

Cami said...

Lol! HAHAHAHAHA.....! Poor horse.

Natalie said...

Good job there, sweetheart!

Bonnie said...

Hilarious picture placement! I thought you were really going to have to mess with the business end of a horse. Good thing you didn't! When we were little we threw a rock at a horse on my grandpa's farm and it really did go in there. He was NOT happy. :)

Mindy Dye said...

I'm catching up on blogs, are you proud of me? I love the horse story, kids are so funny :) And your Moab trip looked like sooo much fun!!

Timani said...

Bum hole...ROTFLMBO!

You are such a 'sweetheart' just like every other mom.

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...