Last year we rented a Jeep because all we have is a minivan. This year we decided to get our old Trooper fixed up so we could take it. Long story short the Trooper wasn't ready in time. It was fun anyway.
Since we rented a Jeep my brother got one too (everybody else already has one) and we decided to do Elephant Hill, which is in Canyonlands NP. It took a while for us to get going, which would cause problems later. But it was fun. We stopped at Newspaper Rock.
When we finally got there I drove the first hill and then my pants started sweating so I let Seth drive the rest of the way. This is a video of my mom doing the first hill. How many old ladies do you know that can drive like that? And it's a stick! (Mom, you rock!)After that we didn't get many pictures because we were having so much fun. We were also in a hurry. We needed to get the Jeep back by 7pm. My brother and our families took off while the rest stayed back and took their time. We were going and ended up taking a wrong turn which put us that much further behind schedule. Trying to drive fast on a difficult trail is a little hard on the body. Not to mention the kids in the back. We were a little late but managed to squeeze this in before we returned it.
That night we had to go straight to the hotel. (Thank goodness for AC.) Ada needed some serious floor time. After a about ten minutes of crawling around, her knees were so black. it was disgusting. Here is our little Chip'n'Dale.
I thought this picture was super cute. Sariah is using Caleb as a pillow.
Then there was Saturday. We decided to head to Arches NP. Seth got up early and hiked delicate Arch by himself. After he got back we packed up so we could just head out of town after our hike. We decided on Landscape Arch. It was hot. We were all well hydrated and had spray bottles to keep cool. Ada was traveling like Cleopatra.

On the way home we stopped in Provo to pick up the Trooper that was finally finished. and as we were just passing the airport the freeway was closed. I must say it was a first to change a poopy diaper in the middle of I-80.When all was said and done many memories were made. I think a good time was had by most and we'll probably do it again next year.
9 comments:
I love that part in the video, "kids did you notice there were no obscenities shouted." LOL!
Sounds like a BUNCH of fun! Except maybe for the poopy diaper on I-80....Hey. I was at the temple this morning, and I'm pretty sure what you should name your next son! Look in Ether 1:10. Spelled right out for ya! Lol! Love ya bunches! Have a great day....:)
That looks so fun! Sid won't let me feed him breakfast because he wants to watch the "jeep movies!!"
I don't know why my comment appeared twice. :0 Sorry.
I'm glad you got to do some arches, that's so great! and I am really really really sorry about that wrong turn - it was totally my fault.
no worries, it just makes memories as far as i'm concerned!
That was a nice comment! :) wink wink... That looked like so much fun! You all are brave souls - the kids will remember it forever!
You are SUCH a fun momma! I am glad you had plenty of water - just think of all the fun 'peeing' adventure stories you will have in the next few years!
Post a Comment