5.13.2009

There's a first time for everything ------->

About a week ago I had a first. Someone asked me what my lawn care regiment was. I never in a million years thought someone would ask ME that. I'm always asking other people. I must admit that after a few long days in the out of doors this spring and a few sunburns (I know I know, sunscreen) it feels nice to see some results. Thanks to Seth for actually doing the fertilizing stuff. But I am the one who works the mower, most of the time.

We planted a little of our garden and also created a little play place with the trampoline and swing set, next to the awesome sandbox.
Don't get me wrong...there's lots left to do, but we have a few items checked off the list.


So I have to ask...are you insanely jealous of my yard? Go ahead and be honest, I'm pretty sure it's anonymous.

8 comments:

Kellie, said...

You know I would be, but we have a fence, so I'll stick to my yard. But I have been noticing how nice and un-Bugs like it has been looking, good job.

Stacee Maree said...

I have to agree with kellie I have a fence and some huge trees and an apple tree and a really cool old shed and a bigger garden spot and a tree swing and a patio and a fire pit and etc. etc. etc. so no not really.

mckenna said...

I'm still renting. Your yard could be a dirty, ugly field of weeds and I'd still be jealous. Because you HAVE one. Unfortunately, you're yard looks fantastic, which means I'm triple jealous. You're actually making me sin. I'm coveting.

Shelly said...

Nope, not jealous!! I have worked really hard in my yard and it's not where we want it just yet, but it's getting close and I really appreciate the work (especially since the worst of it is over). Paul also did some incredible landscaping for our slope and flowerbeds, so you really can't beat that. People keep asking us who landscaped it and I say "that was landscaper Paul and a bunch of free rocks!!"

Happy Herrons said...

Well you can tell your honey that I am officially jealous- AND you got rid of all your weeds today. AH! I have weeds!

Cami said...

I miss watching you weed your rock pile....and mow your grass.....and try to kill all the little gopher things.....so, good job Bugs! Your back yard looks great! :)

Bonnie said...

Oh my gosh I love it! I am TRULY insanely jealous. The play area looks so fun. I have always wanted someone to ask us for tips on yard work, but we have a starving dog who only eats bushes, rocks, and sod. So, unless the dog dies or we landscape with only dirt, that won't happen any time soon! Good job you guys!

Bonnie said...

Oh and ... what the ... never mind. Hee hee hee.

Paris: Day One

We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...