Caleb had his Early Intervention appointment yesterday afternoon. They tested him in fine/gross motor, cognitive and language skills. Here's the breakdown:
Gross motor: 32 months
Fine motor: 34 months
Cognitive: 24 months
Receptive language: 19 months
Expressive Language: 12 months
Caleb is 24 months and this is where his development is. As we all know he talks about as well as an average one year old. That puts him at 3%. You have to be 7% or below to qualify.
The good news is that he can now receive extra stimulation and hopefully learn to talk and not just say, "Unk."
The bad news-- pretty soon I will know all the thoughts going through his head! I think we are all better off with him not saying a word.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paris: Day One
We left town after Seth got home from work. We were expecting the drive to take about 9 hours, knowing that we have six kids and we would ...
-
Will you please leave a comment so I can link back to your blog and make it look like I have some friends again?
-
Yesterday Sariah turned 8. Holy cow! I can't believe I have an 8 year old. We had a fun day. She went to school, then Activity Days. Aft...
-
I have been going to therapy for a little while. Usually in the afternoons a couple times a month. My sessions last anywhere between twenty ...
5 comments:
That is how I feel about Abby. I have seen her face and heard her voice when she talks, I believe she will spend lots of time in time out onces she starts using English. Good luck with Caleb!!!
Ha ha ha! Payson was the same way. She tested at 3% as well and was enrolled with Kids on the Move in Orem. They had her caught up so quickly! It was amazing!! And now I can't get the girl to shut her trap! :)
It will be fun for the whole family - we enjoy the games and toys they bring over to play with. And we can go to classes together!
oh bugs, you don't mean it! i bet you can't wait to hear all the thoughts going through that cute little guy's head! all about plugs, and phones, & how he loves to help his momma in the kitchen!
Speech services can be great, but was not a pleasant experience for me (although Sid seemed to like it okay), so be warned. My big problem was that they either treated me like I was stupid ("do you know what it means to be at eye level with him?"--DUH!! I AM NINE MONTHS PREGNANT--YOU TRY GETTING UP AND DOWN FROM THE FLOOR ALL DAY LONG NEXT TIME YOU'RE PREGNANT, DUDE!!--"You are pregnant? Are you sure?" Real conversation, no joke) or they would tell me in a shocked voice that the things I had decided on my own to work on were exactly what they were going to tell me to do at our next meeting (to which my reply was "I DO have a degree in Family and Human Development with an emphasis in infancy and early childhood and my husband DID just finish his Bachelor's degree in Communicative Disorders!"). I was relieved when we fell through the cracks for a few months. Sorry to vent, but you hit a soft spot with this one. I hope you receive awesome services and that you will call me if that is not the case.
Post a Comment