There are a few good things about showering at 3:30 in the afternoon. First, the always needed 10 minute sanctuary from the kids post-school. Second, when the baby pukes on you it's less wasted water. Less laundry because the clothes you are wearing are already dirty, and you can both shower together. (See how green I am.) However lovely these positive things are there are so many more drawbacks. The almost-two-year-old happily returning the glasses you 'accidentally' left on the desk. The same child coming to check on the baby that is crying. Really, that's not that big of a deal right? But it just happens to be the moment you pull open the shower curtain that he opens the door. Still not that big of a deal. But then you notice the cute white curtains you hung in the kids bedroom, right across the hall are pulled down with the window wide to the world. Meanwhile, the curtain rod being ridden around the house like a horse. (Let's not forget the Mr. Potatohead eyes that are attached to the 'head.') I was having flashbacks of "Lord of the Flies." I was seriously expecting to see a pig head on the other part of the curtain rod.
As I inquired about the status of the remodeled bedroom there was immediately the sound of sweet little voices accusing everyone else. Among the cacophony I think I heard, "We didn't take down the curtains on purpose, they just fell when we pulled on them."
I thought we'd had our 'moment' for the day. But as I was cleaning up after dinner I turn around to see this. It might explain why my toddler is so chubby.

(This video is funny. I was just trying to take a picture, but it was in video mode. Caleb saw the camera about halfway through and lost interest in the noodles. One thing he loves more than food is electronics.)
8 comments:
Oh Bugs, he is so cute! Wait til' yours all get to be teenagers! I've decided it's a good thing not to be able to see into the future! They are MUY much fun though! Well, I'll know what time of the day NOT to call! LOL!
Cami
Ha ha ha ha!! No worries, Caleb. Pasta is my downfall too. :)
It makes me feel better knowing that we all have moments like this!
Sounds oh too familiar!
Well, I like noodles, but I am not sure that I like them that much... :) You are a good cook though, maybe yours are better than mine!
I love the "MMMMMMM" in the middle. He's truly happy, just him and some noodles. How darling. I miss you guys!
Just found your blog - it's cute!! Your family is adorable. My littlest is a noodle lover to the core! He'll eat them plain, buttered, with white sauce, or red sauce or with cheese sauce (his favorite) and even with pesto sauce. It's probably the Italian in him!
Post a Comment