
I must share my most sad experience in a long time. Last night my stoneware pie plate broke when a mug fell out of the cupboard and onto it. I cried! (Please, I'm pregnant! Truth be told I would have anyway.) Does anyone have a cooking thing (for lack of a better word) they feel so strongly about? I got that pie plate for our wedding and it was well seasoned and very much loved. I feel like I've lost part of me.
So, now I have a homework assignment. I need a new pie plate. And I want to know where I can purchase the one I had, or as close as possible. It has to be natural, unglazed (preferably inside and out) stoneware. I spent about an hour last night 'googling' pie plates and I didn't have much luck. (It could have been a result of not being able to see the monitor through all the tears.) By the way there are some pretty hideous plates out there. So the first person to get me a website with the second best pie plate ever made (behind the one I just lost) will receive the first (or second) pie to be baked in it (assuming distance isn't a problem {but if it is please don't let that stop you from helping a friend out;)}). Oh, and I really don't care how much it costs. It needs to be replaced ASAP!!!!
7 comments:
I don't have a stoneware pie plate, but I do have about 5 glass pyrex pie plates. We use them all the time and have really been pleased with them. Good luck in your quest!
Sad! When Burt and I were dating he dropped a handpainted pitcher that my great grandma gave me, her grandma carried it across the plains. This reminded me of that occasion. If I had a stoneware pie plate, I would give it to you. Don't you get those from pampered chef?
Princess P is right. I got one through pampered chef years ago--It's now broken. I just checked their website and can't find one exactly the same. The outside is different. I'll send you a link.
They have the best stones for baking cookies too. I can't bring myself to use a metal cookie sheet for baking cookies anymore. They are expensive, but worth it. I would cry if it were broken.
Heather
I checked the Pampered Chef too, because I love the pie plate I got from them, but the only one they offer at this time has a cranberry red glaze on the outside. I think it is pretty but it doesn't meet your requirements. Good luck in your search!! I will be at Spoons & Spice this weekend, I will check there for you too.
And wait a second! Princess P still married Burt after he destroyed a priceless family heirloom?
My mom's got the casserole dishes, pie plates, muffin tins, pizza tray things. All from pampered chef. I'm so sorry for you loss. Will there be a graveside service? And would you like to receive flowers, or donations in the name of a specific charity? :)
Bugs, that is so sad! I am assuming that distance would be a problem for you baking me one of your oh.so.amazing. apple pies! If I knew, I would still tell you, but I don't. Sorry. :) Kristin
I am SO sad for you! I actually saw an ad in the Tooele paper today- a small company that mades stoneware kitchen items. I think I threw my paper in the trash - but I would be willing to go diving for you!
Post a Comment