On Monday, when we go to Grammy's we had a party, too. She treated all the grandkids (plus Clair) to lunch at The Mayan Adventure. That was the first time I had been there and it was a lot of fun. Fancy cliff divers, really loud scary music and good food, just a little slow! 

Here is a picture of Arch's pink birthday cake. (Sorry I can't get it to turn.) When we went to the store to pick it out he insisted it be pink. I really thought this was a bad idea, knowing that when his birthday really came he wouldn't want the pink cake anymore. He wouldn't change his mind so we got it. It wasn't until later, he was explaining that it was a tough guy cake. (He has a pink shirt that says 'Tough guys wear pink') Hence the saying "tough guys eat pink cake." Turns out he doesn't like the taste of pink cake! What a tough guy!
3 comments:
Ahhh, the fun of EMBA residency week. (I linked over from Natalie's blog, by the way...I hope you don't mind!) Shane really enjoyed the EMBA program, but it is sure nice to be done with it!
Ha! While I was reading this entry I thought the picture of the hot men was the picture of Arch's cake. I honestly thought "Wow, those guys go all out for birthday cakes ... the divers look real!" Although I thought pink was a great choice for Arch, next time I'd like to see you make a cake with beefy divers ... whose birthday is next?
Post a Comment